There was nothing bad about this week, it just felt kind of long. Did it feel long to you too? Or am I the only one? There’s just something about cold weather that makes you want to snuggle in your covers, and sleep in a little longer, and not go to work, which just makes the mornings harder to get through. But hey- we made it to Friday!
High + Low
High: My high is pretty simple- I’ve started doing things I like again. I now have the time and emotional energy to devote to fun things like writing on the blog (and poems occasionally. Maybe I’ll share some here sometime.) and teaching dance.
Low: It just was long, like I said. I never felt like I got quite enough sleep or snuggle time with my husband. But that’s what the weekend is for, right?
Weekend Review- Volume VII
Did you read the Kanye/Wiz tweet storm? It was all kinds of hilarious awful. And it got even more hilarious and awful with this Hillary/Bernie parody.
- I need some new black leggings, but I don’t just want cheap leggings that show wear after one week, (like the six dollar ones I just bought.) I really want this pair from Sweaty Betty, but they are a litttttle more than $6.00.
- This tank top is fun, and would be totally fitting for my cardio dance class.
Do you have pleasant memories from when you were a child and you’d put on your comfy pjs and your parents would tuck you in and read you a bed time story? Those are some of my most cherished memories. If you do have memories like that, you should check out the Pajama Program. They provide pajamas and books to children in need ranging from newborn to age 18. They help children:
- Who are living 200% below the poverty level.
- Children of teenage pregnancies with parents who struggle to take care of them.
- Children who are homeless and living in shelters.
- Children who come to the shelter without any clothing or belongings.
- Children in foster care.
- Children who are youth of incarcerated parents, and many more.
Have you been following election news? This article is definitely worth reading. The New York Magazine interviewed 100 Republicans in Iowa and New Hampshire. Why is this interesting? Well, “On February 1, Iowans will cast the first votes of the 2016 presidential election, and the only thing that’s clear is that this Republican primary is the most unpredictable and surreal campaign in recent memory.” So it’s interesting to read what they’re thinking.
If you’ve read anything interesting- books, articles, or blog posts, please let me know!
ps. The pic is reminiscent of warmer times… I still like being outside, but I look more like a frumpy bundled snowman, and I like the ballgown look better.