Jon and I dubbed last month “Frugal February.” Because of birthdays, holidays, and travel, November, December, and January are expensive months, which means we needed to cut back a little bit. That meant no eating out, (except for when Chipotle sent us free burrito bowl coupons!) no paying for entertainment, (movies, concerts, etc.) no buying books, and no shopping. So sad.
[Pros of adult life: you can have popcorn for dinner, watch multiple episodes of Greys Anatomy and use your hard earned money to online shop for a new beautiful dress. Cons of adult life: you will be tired the next morning, and you have to actually check your budget to see if you can afford that beautiful dress.]
Of course, during the frugal month, I saw clothes I wanted to buy everywhere! Stores are starting to put out their spring lines, and I am so ready for it. Warm weather and pastels here I come.
One of the stores I have browsed multiple times both online and in the store is Loft. They have so much cute stuff right now! A lot of their spring clothes translate well to work clothes, and brunch clothes. Sounds great, right?
Here are a few of my faves:
- This light blue trench is dreamy. Perfect for a little spring rain and would work well as a light jacket.
- This floral jacquard skirt looks both comfy and cute. Some days, an elastic waistband is just a good call. Hello, brunch anyone?
- This necklace basically embodies spring. And like I said earlier- I’m here for it. Except the allergies. Let’s be honest, no one is here for those.
- This ruffle hem sweater is perfect and would look so good over a pencil skirt or skinny jeans.
- Lace up flats were the IT shoe last spring, and it looks like they’re back again. This pair is super cute (and more affordable than a lot of other options!)
- I can’t always get on board with patterned pants, but I like this pair. The look very spring and professional at the same time.
- Really, I like this whole outfit. Stripes and floral jacquard shorts? Sounds exactly right to me.
- This lace shift dress is perfect. It reminds of something Grace from The Stripe would wear and I love her style.
- I felt this sweater in the store and it is so wonderfully soft. I know spring doesn’t exactly mean sweaters- especially down here in Texas- but it could definitely work for the evenings or with a pair of shorts. And did I mention how soft it is?
- I can never turn down a good stripe. Or floral lace scalloped shorts. This is another whole outfit that I think I need.
What about you? Have you seen any spring clothes that have made it to your Must Buy List?