Working at a coffee shop has given me the chance to experiment a little bit, and figure out what my favorite drink is. I like coffee, and will drink it almost any form, (Although let’s stay away from that powdered creamer, okay? What even is that stuff?) but I’ve found that I like some drinks better than others.
This morning I just had drip coffee from the roaster Onyx, and it was so good. But if I want a drink with espresso, I like to add a few things.
One of the baristas taught me how to make a drink he calls “The Bees Knees.”
Here’s the recipe, if you’d like to make it yourself!
The Bees Knees
- Put honey in the bottom of your cup, about the size of quarter
- Pull the espresso shot (or use your Nespresso machine, of whatever machine you happen to have)
- Add cinnamon to your milk before you steam it
- Steam the Milk (Sometimes I use whole milk, sometimes I use soy milk)
- Pour milk in the cup, over the shot
And there you have it! A little bit of honey and cinnamon and you have yourself a Bees Knees.
Let me know if you make it and if you like it!