I need to get motivated to get moving again! So, let’s talk about fitness, and of course, lounge/workout wear.
But first- fitness. I have a confession. I haven’t worked out consistently since mid-April. I know. It’s swimsuit season, and this is the time of year I’m supposed to really care about toned legs and the abs hiding somewhere on my stomach.
For someone who cares about fitness (I mean, it’s one of the blog categories, I was a fitness instructor, etc. etc.) I must sound extremely lackadaisical. But… after April’s turmoil of losing my job, moving into a new house in June, (eek! So exciting. More on that later.) and adjusting to the nice, but different schedule of a barista, I just have not been hitting it hard. I’ve gone on walks and runs occasionally, but it’s time to step up my game.
Seriously. I am going take my own advice and lace up and go on a run tomorrow morning. I might also go to the yoga studio tomorrow night. It’s time to get committed. I’m starting to get a little bit antsy from my lack of working out, and really, I’m just happier when I’m working out regularly. Also, a (very important!) side note, I don’t value working out just as a means to achieve a certain weight. Working out is important for overall health (ergo, time to get back at it.)
Laaaaadies, take note. According to the American Cancer Society, “Evidence is growing that physical activity in the form of exercise reduces breast cancer risk… In one study from the Women’s Health Initiative, as little as 1¼ to 2½ hours per week of brisk walking reduced a woman’s risk by 18%. Walking 10 hours a week reduced the risk a little more.”
Now, if you’re not motivated to work out just yet… maybe these workout clothes will help!
- I bought these shorts this summer and I LOVE them. Perfect for active wear, although not necessarily built for heavy weight lifting. More for days when you want to take your dog on a walk up some trails in the park.
- This sports bra– it’s supportive, cute, and it’s on sale.
- These shorts look like something I’d love. They have lots of great color options, and I also like how long the inseam is. TBH, that’s something I never thought I’d care about, but… (shrug) I do. They’re just more flattering on me.
- These moto leggings are 100% on my to-buy list. I think they’d transition well from workout to going out. Just picture them with a tunic and some cute booties.
- Have you seen these Adidas Alphabounce running tennis shoes?! They look amazing.
Happy shopping (and working out!) friends!