The week started off with an ear infection, (did you know adults can still get those? I definitely did not.) but it got better from there. Dance class went well Thursday, I got breakfast with my scousin (she’s my cousin, but like my sister, so, scousin = sister + cousin) this morning, and tomorrow I’ll get to see some of my lovely college friends in the pic above at a wedding shower in Dallas. Woohoo!
High + Low
High: Fun things on the entertainment front. I checked out a lot of books from the library, keeping with Jon’s and my goal of Frugal February, and I have loved them all so far. Also- Jon and I found a new show we like! It’s called The Flash. It’s a super hero TV show. A little cheesy, but I’m a sucker for shows like that.
Low: Getting an ear infection, definitely. When I get sick, I turn into the most pathetic version of myself, want to cancel everything, and just hide out on my couch until it passes. But, luckily, I seem to be mostly over it.
Weekend Review- Volume IX
Time for a round-up of fun links I’ve found this week!
- Oh my goodness. One of my college roommates got a baby kitty and a sweet little puppy last weekend! They’re already best friends, and they’re the cutest. Check out Moose and Mozart on instagram for your daily dose of cuteness.
- Did you watch the Grammys? I confess, I did not. I tend prefer to catch the highlights later for those kinds of things. But Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech is definitely worth watching. Get it girl!
- This article about the definition of romance is lovely.
- I haven’t bought anything from this brand yet, but I like what I see! This shift dress looks super cute and like it would transition seasons well.
- Corals and Cognacs, a fun blog I check frequently, posted about these jeans. They look like they’d be super flattering and a great light color for spring. Worth the $189? Maybe! Sometimes splurging on jeans that make you feel cute is worth it.
- I don’t have a little one of my own yet, but if I did, I’d want to buy this mobile! I love the design and colors.
- This shirt. Because everything looks better tomorrow. (via Miss Moss)
- This candle is super cute. Love the marble. I think it would coordinate well with how I’m envisioning our future house looking. Does anyone else do that? I am constantly imagining and re-imagining how I’d like to decorate future spaces. (via Miss Moss)
- Everything from Everlane. Yet another brand I actually haven’t bought anything from yet, but I plan on it! It seems to fit my simple style. These days I’m leaning more towards classic, quality pieces that will last for a while.
- Get more sleep! According to a new report– “Sleeping less than seven hours per night is associated with increased risk for obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, stroke, frequent mental distress, and all-cause mortality.” I don’t need to be told twice. I love sleep. I prefer to get 8+ hours if I can.
- Try not to worry so much. Sometimes I found myself getting in a cycle worrying about the future, but really, worrying doesn’t help or change things. (And who needs more worry wrinkles? I’d rather collect laugh lines.) “So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own,” Matthew 6:25-34.
- This book looks interesting! I’m adding it to my list. “Dept. of Speculation is a portrait of a marriage. It is also a beguiling rumination on the mysteries of intimacy, trust, faith, knowledge, and the condition of universal shipwreck that unites us all.” (via A Cup of Jo)
- This WW Club (Working Women) looks awesome. I love the idea of a physical and virtual place for women to work, hang out and encourage each other. “Introducing The WW Club or The Working Women’s Club, named after The Working Men’s Clubs of old, a physical and virtual space for working-women worldwide to meet, collaborate, learn and just generally hang out, which Phoebe set up in January 2015…” Definitely worth looking into.
- I love reading interviews, and recently got on a kick of reading about Arianna Huffington. I mean, the woman (while being ridiculed by her peers) basically changed the internet as we know it. Blogging, aggregate information sites, and news, have all changed. But while the woman is a force to be reckoned with, her path brings up questions as well. The woman and the world she has created are full of questions and contradictions. As David Segal with The New York Times wrote, “Only someone with her unique combination of drive and outward placidity could run a tremendously popular, hugely productive website and then begin a second career chastening us for our addiction to the Internet.” Also worth noting- last year the Huffington Post broke even on $146 million in revenue, but yet it’s writers are unpaid. Should writers be paid for their work? Or is offering writers a platform enough? What do you think?
ps. About the pic above- it was taken during our senior year spring break in Central Park, NY. It’s a totally fitting picture for this week, because for some reason, New York has been on the brain. Why?? I don’t know. Logically, I’d know we’d be freezing if we lived there, and we’d be way over paying for a teeny tiny apartment. But alas, what can I say? New York has taken up residence in my brain. Maybe I’m just restless for our next adventure. Anyone else ever feel that way? February seems to be THE MONTH for restlessness.