This week was a fun, but definitely tiring. I taught a cardio dance class Monday night and on Tuesday night, I taught at a breast cancer awareness event. It was really fun, but it also made me pretty tired by Wednesday. I had more energy today though, and made a really tasty dinner! I baked spaghetti squash, and mostly went off of this recipe. I also heated up Newman’s Own Tomato & Basil Bombolina Pasta Sauce, ground turkey, and a chopped green bell pepper. So good.
High + Low
High: Having a chill evening with my husband Wednesday, watching the Blacklist. It was exactly what I needed, and he’s my favorite person to hang out with.
Low: Getting up in the morning. I have not wanted to leave my warm, comfy bed any day this week.
Weekend Review- Volume VI
- The group of instructors, who taught at the breast cancer awareness event, all learned this dance and taught it as a fun Halloween surprise.
These bow shirts. I love them; they’re classy and fun.
- This one from Kate Spade.
- Lovely white top from Nasty Gal.
- This classy option from Brooks Brothers.
- Le Bow Tie Top from Frame Denim.
Two braid tutorials! Recently, I have been loathing the blow dry process, so I’ve been all about the braids. These two styles look fun.
The New York Times did a big article about Amazon and its workplace culture. Amazon wasn’t too happy about what they read, and two months after the article ran, they responded on Medium. Read up on the exchange here:
- New York Times article “Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace.”
- Amazon’s response– written by Jay Carney, now the Senior Vice President for Global Corporate Affairs at Amazon- on Medium.
- The New York Time’s response to Jay Carney, written by Dean Baquet, Executive Editor of The New York Times.
- And for good measure, one woman’s experience working at Amazon, which highlights potential pitfalls of Employer Sponsored Insurance (ESI) as well as a rough workplace.
Amazon has been great for my husband’s and my grad school budget, but it does not sound like someplace I’d enjoy working. Maybe the articles will encourage change there. At least, I hope they will.
pic is at the park with Jon, in a dress he picked out for me. He did good- fit and flair dresses are some of my faves!