It has been over a month since the last weekend review! Meep. So sorry. The prolonged absence was not intended, but absence makes the heart grow fonder… right?
Anyway, this week has been good, although most mornings I debated about using a sick day in order to sleep in. I didn’t though. I got up, and I think I deserve a prize for that. But I am also fully aware that I’m not alone in my busyness and tiredness, (as those seem to fixtures of adulthood,) so I won’t bore you with the details. We’re all tired. But hey- we made it to Friday, so success.
High + Low
High: Dance class was fun. I choreographed a new one to this song and I love it.
Low: Like I said, busy and tired. Womp womp.
Weekend Review- Volume X
- Happy Birthday Week to Julia Stiles, “the ultimate Man Repeller; a 90s beacon of ‘you do you.'” She is an icon of my growing up years. Save the Last Dance made me love dancing (and made me think going to clubs is way more fun that it actually is. My college self was sad to discover that most people don’t dance at clubs like they did in the movie.) and 10 Things I Hate About you is still one of my favorite movies to quote.
- A bit sad, but sweet poem about love, loss, and life.
- Hallie from Corals and Cognacs has been recommending this tank top for the last two summers, and rightly so. It hangs just right, and transitions well from day to night with a blazer to work, and a leather jacket to dinner. I really like the green one.
- This swing dress is what I call a multi-season dress. It could be worn in the spring, summer or fall- just add or remove layers. It would also look great with booties.
- I’ve been researching throw pillows for our bed and/or couch, and I’ve found some great ones. I like the textured look of this one, and I love the water color paint look of this one.
- I’m curious if this concealer would work well for me. I have under circles on my under eye circles, so good concealer is a must.
- I’m always curious about beauty products and I wonder if this drying lotion would really work.
- Go for a run! I am my leanest and happiest when I’m running and working out regularly, which with the crazy schedule lately, has been hard to do. Time to get back on it. Claire gives great tips on how to get started, even if the weather isn’t great.
- Ask these 10 questions before you get married. You’ll want to be on the same page about these topics, and trust me, even if you avoid them now, they’ll come up later.
- If you want to unique and meaningful work, read this article. It’s great, and definitely worth reading, especially if you’re a recent college grad.
- Trying to get pregnant? You’re not alone. Leandra from the Man Repeller wrote a insightful article about what it’s like. (FYI- if your brain is going there, we are not currently trying to get pregnant. What you’re probably seeing in that picture of me on insta is the result of too many tacos. 😉
I hope you have a lovely, fun, and restful weekend. xx